Thursday, November 27, 2008

London and Milan Fashion Week: Pretty in Pink


Pink was all over the Fall Runways in London and Milan. Coming in numerous shades and forms...pink pieces weren't just overtly feminine, as you might think...though I've selected my fave looks to show you, above, and they are all quite feminine! The look from Emilio Pucci (COLORED TIGHTS) in the upper left just rocks my world and the MAXI DRESS at Gucci is so summer-girl chic!

Pink is an easy color to wear all summer long...light pink, close to white, similar to the looks featured at Luisa Beccaria and Marni above, will keep the sun from burning down your back. The lighter the shade = the cooler your temp will stay. I will just have to say that when I was a young girl, I was SUCH a tomb boy. I would tuck all my dresses into my shorts underneath (sneaky me), promptly upon arriving at school. My sister, on the other hand, was always such the 'little lady' and though I detested the pink that Mom put all over her...a little bit of me always wondered, 'What would it be like to don pink and not blue?'

As an adult now, I just adore pink and probably wear it more than RunwayDaily Sis does. But one thing is definitely certain...though pink may not be top of her list...she better get used to it! Having an itty-bitty vah-jay-jay in the oven means pink overload, for YEARS to come!!! But for you, my wonderful reader, enjoy and sport your pink pride all Summer long, as it WILL carry over nicely into the Fall. Here's some speedy-savvy-stylin' for you, below...all under $150 and just to wet your lil' pink palette!

No comments: